Corsair Community

CMX512-3200C2PT starts acting up

I purchased the TWINX1024-3200C2PT kit from newegg.com on 3/28/06. My system is a Dell Dimension 4600 (Intel 865PE/865G) P4 2.8 GHz, 533 FSB. It came with 512 MB of memory. Video card is XFT 6600GT. The OS is Windows XP Home. I purchased the kit as an upgrade to the existing memory. After I installed the memory I have experienced some instances of system crashes (Blue Screen of Death.) The system stabilized after a while and I have been a happy user for the last two months.

Couple days ago the system started to crash again. This happens as soon as I pass the login screen of XP and during the start up process. I get a variety of BSOD messages. For test I removed all the memory, leaving the Corsair memory is slot 1 & 2 and the system crashes. Install all four modules and the system crashes. The system has no problem if I only have the original memory in.

The information on the sticks are:

CMX512-3200C2PT XMS3202v5.2

0608007-2

XMS3200 512 MB 400 MHz

Please tell me what steps I should follow next? RMA? Tests?

Thanks.

Thank you for the support. The reseller is willing to take back the memory with restocking fee.

Related question:

I need to get replacement memory for these. Should I choose CMSS512MD-400 or CMSS512MD-333 given my system? The exisiting memory is 333Mhz.

Thanks.

Please look up your system on our memory configurator, and then see if the reseller will let you send these back for the correct part#.

Although these are not listed from this site that they will work with the Dell Dimension 4600, they seem to be within spec. Would they work since the CMSS512MB-333 is currently out of stock in Newegg.

CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 333 (PC 2700) Dual Channel Kit System Memory

Thanks.

A P4 2.8 GHz, 533 FSB would require DDR333 memory!

Archived