Corsair Community

Something wrong with my ram

Duckbutt3385

Hi, im new to these forums and im happy to meet everyone.

Here's my problem, recently, ive been playing a game on my computer like i do regularly. All of a sudden, the entire PC starts rebooting itself on me at random intervals. Ive been asking friends to see what was the cause of this. One of my friends suggested to test the rams out and it happened to be the ram. My PC has 3 sticks of Corsair 512mb sticks, the XMS memory speed platinum editions. The part is (CMX512-3200C2PT) XMS3200 512MB 400MHz"

I actually tested each one and took out all of them. It happened to be one of the sticks and when i run the game when this certain stick was takened out, it ran fine without any problem. Might this one be a bad stick? This was maybe 1 year ago when i was really into that PC game but i never really bothered to contact or return this stick until now, in the past, i just used the remaining two sticks to keep on playing.

• Corsair Employees

You are posting in the wrong section of the forum, So I will move this thread.

Can you tell me our modules part# and revision of all of the modules?

(How To Read the Memory Label)

And the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

• Corsair Employees

Please load setup defaults in your bios setup and then set these settings and test the system with http://www.memtest.org to be sure its stable.

CPU Freq: 166 MHz

System Performance: User Define

Memory Frequency: 100%

Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 166MHz

Memory Timings: Manual/User Define

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

Archived