Corsair Community

Memmory Issues With Lanpart UT Nf4 SLI 939 EXPERT Motherboard

ceet12

Hello, i keep getting constant blue screens when booting in to windows, some times windows xp will boot and then later on the system will blue screen, or sometimes reboot,

i also did get constant problems installing when i had partioned the hard drive

i have been told it could be the memmory timings, maybe bad memmory? any help would be apprecated.

I have The lanparty UT NF4 SLI DR Expert 939

Memmory: Corsair (VS1GB400C3) 1024MB, DDR400 / PC3200, non-ECC, 184 DIMM, unbuffered, CL3, 64Mx8 DRAMs, - I have 4 1 gig strips of this value extreme memory

proceesor : Amd x2 64 bit 4200 mhz+

Windows Xp Professional - Sp1

Any Help Would Be Appreciated

Thanks

I have the same board and had similiar problems with stablity with 2x1GB XMS DDR500 RAM. Have you tried loosening your default timings? You may have to manually set your timings looser. Also, have you test the RAM DIMM individually?

I know the DFI Expert has some issues with Corsair RAM. It also supposedly has issues with value RAM as well. I also know that the DFI forums that the board works best with Corsair memory in the orange slots when using 2 DIMMs. (I tried using the two yellow slots and even MemTest86 wouldn't load.) I am unsure of how it runs with all four slots.

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Hi, thanks for the reply, ramguy "set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have"

Sorry to sound soft here but were do i find the specific setting for my ram, also i had the memmory tested in a local computer store, and they said the memmory was fine, so regards to the timings what do i need to change, i am a bit of noob with this,

But i really appreciate your replys

craig

Hi ramguy, thanks for you reply.

The modules are: i have four of these

Corsair (VS1GB400C3) (value select) 1024MB, DDR400 / PC3200, non-ECC, 184 DIMM, unbuffered, CL3, 64Mx8 DRAMs, - I have 4 1 gig strips of this value select memory.

any help appreciated.

Thanks

hi again sorry!, i have put vantec copper colling ram covers on, so i will take them off to provide the lot code, serial number later on, do i need to provide these or just the "(VS1GB400C3) "

Thanks alot

Archived