Corsair Community

Twinx2048-3200c2pt and MSI Neo4-F

zhulick

I just replaced my older corsair ram pair (2x512 cas2 not sure which model) with these new chips.

i've followed msi isntructions and have the chips in slots 1 and 2. bios is set to 2.75v, and auto for latency. i've also tried manually setting to cas2, but still have stability issues.

i currently own four workstations that are all running corsair ram, and have "retired" or given away to family and friends about another four or five. All ran corsair ram without any issues, and all were amd boards from msi.

this happens to be the first set i ever used where the dimms do not run at stock voltage. i'm not sure if this is my problem. my power supply is an older antec 500w, and in this particular box i'm running a 3700 san diego. nothing is overclocked.

can anyone recommend a solution? i was thinking of trying slots 3+4 instead of 1+2, or manually changing to cas2.5, but other than that i'm out of ideas.

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

i think by now i've tried everything.

manually setting the mem at 2.75 2.5-3-3-6@1t seems to work best, but not for long. constant system crashes follow, same for when change to cas2.

this machine was built in october, and has been running on old mem pretty much non-stop. all it does is photoshop raw conversion batches, and typically processes about 25K images during the course of a week. since installing this ram i haven't even been able to run 300 images through a batch without a blue screen and a reboot. all the hardware remained the same, the only change was addition of new ram, so the errors can only be traced back to the memory.

i've decided to go ahead and rma back to newegg and take the 15% hit. my next purchase will be something that can run at stock voltage, and most probably not corsair.

Archived