Corsair Community

Missing hose clamps

jtownball

I ordered the Nautilus 500 new from newegg and everything was perfect except the two hose clamps that hold the 3/8'' tubing to the quick disconnects were missing. Currently I have them held in place with zip ties, but I would much rather have the oem clamps. Is there any way to have Corsair send me the missing parts? I really didn't want to rma the whole kit over something as small as the hose clamps.

EDIT:

Some other questions....

Perhaps I'm being a little overly concerned about the quality of the quick disconnects, but I'm afraid that they may one day leak. If that happens it would be nice if I could keep some part of the tubing that is out side of the case as the lowest point in the loop. That way the water would collect and drip off there instead of inside my case. The only problem is that to do this I would have to have the Nautilus as the lowest part in the loop and I read in the directions that the Nautilus is supposed to be the highest part in the loop. So my question is, what would happen if it was the lowest part of the loop? I don't see how the placement of the Nautilus makes much of a difference.

The same thing just happened to me, although I purchased my Nautilus 500 from ZipZoomFly. I too was reluctant to have my Nautilus RMA'd over some plastic hose clamps. I ended up going down to the local hardware store and purchasing some metal hose clamps. Unfortunetly during the install process the 4 plastic standoff's for the LGA 775 were defective, so now i'm in the process of RMAing the unit back to ZipZoomFly. Hopefully the next unit they send out to me has all the stated included parts.

I called Corsair this morning to see if I could get the hose clamps replaced. I was transferred twice before I reached the water cooling guy (Aron Neil sp?) I needed to talk to, but he wasn't there. So I left a message on his answering machine giving my information and the problem. I'm hoping that Corsair responses to my call, or even this thread.

I've never purchased anything from Corsair before my latest system build, but from everything I've read they seemed like a really good company with great products. I wish I could completely agree with my previous opinion. The water cooling kit was missing parts (the point of this thread), and the memory I ordered had one bad module, and had to be RMAed. It seems that 'Smokey187' also received a kit with the same missing parts. I am beginning to wonder if perhaps Corsair is having some QC issues going on within the company.

I'll keep this thread updated with how things turn out for me. At over $419.00 invested in Corsair products (memory and water kit), I'm starting to get concerned. I generally build a new computer about every two years, and this time around I took a chance with a new company. I sincerely hope I don’t regret it.

Best Regards

I hope you don't regret it either and things work out. If it makes you feel better, I've purchased Corsair's 3200VS, 2700, 3200LL, 3200XL and the 3500LL. All have worked right out of the pack. My nautilus 500 installed without issues too.

All the above says a lot cause I am one usually known to have bad luck with purchases. :)

I hope you don't regret it either and things work out. If it makes you feel better, I've purchased Corsair's 3200VS, 2700, 3200LL, 3200XL and the 3500LL. All have worked right out of the pack. My nautilus 500 installed without issues too.

All the above says a lot cause I am one usually known to have bad luck with purchases. :)

Well, that's basically what I've already read over and over. Everything I read is nothing but praise for Corsair, and I don't doubt that it is well deserved. However, it seems a bit strange that just the hose clamps are missing, but nothing else. How would this happen unless there was some kind of slip up in the QC department? I realize that I'm interpolating a lot from only a few data points, I found four people so far whose kit came missing the hose clamps, but from a company such high standards as Corsair I expect better. It's not like I ordered a kit from some other El Cheap O' company.

I called Corsair this morning to see if I could get the hose clamps replaced. I was transferred twice before I reached the water cooling guy (Aron Neil sp?) I needed to talk to, but he wasn't there. So I left a message on his answering machine giving my information and the problem. I'm hoping that Corsair responses to my call, or even this thread.

jtownball,

Yes, Aaron Neil :sunglasse , is the right person to get in touch with. He and his staff at Corsair will get your issues resolved.

Please note, there has been issues with ZipZoomFly over the years of missing parts with the HydroCool and other products. :sigh!: I'm not sure what this outfit does to keep loosing parts. I do find it really strange.

Stev

jtownball,

Yes, Aaron Neil, :sunglasse , is the right person to get in touch with. He and his staff at Corsair will get your issues resolved.

Please note, there has been issues with ZipZoomFly over the years of missing parts with the HydroCool and other products. :sigh!: I'm not sure what this outfit does to keep loosing parts. I do find it really strange.

Stev

Well in my case I don't think it was ZipZoomFly's fault for the missing hose clamps. After all when I received the Nautilus 500 the package was sealed with clear tape. So unless ZipZoomFly opened my package and then resealed it I'd have to say that Corsair is the one who forgot to include the clamps.

I’ve got the missing parts for the Nautilus and the memory is installed and working. The best thing overall is the low latency memory, but coupled with excellent water cooling, my system is fast!!! Or at least the fastest system I've ever put together. 35s 1M super PI time.

I've set my motherboard to auto over clock to 10% under load. The motherboard handles all of the voltage settings as well. The mother board auto detects the setting for the ram (unlike the system build log’s experience), and sets the FSB to 220Mhz giving me 2.42 or a 100% stable 220 MHz overclock. It might not seem like much but my cpu temps NEVER get over 40C and rarely ever see 40C. In fact it took prime95’s small 8K fft torture test running for 2 hours with ambient temp of 79F to get my cpu to reach 40C. I realize that the Nautilus is good, but that far exceeded my expectations for this relatively simple water cooler. To me, that makes the Nautilus worth every cent. My case temps are also very cool at around 32C after hours of playing FEAR. I have good case cooling, but this wouldn’t be possible if it wasn’t for the fact that cpu heat is taken care of outside of the case.

In any case, I clearly see now that Corsair makes some of the best products out there. Only thing I would want to change about my expericne is that I would have liked it to be easier to get some help from you guys. I do realize that Corsair is a smaller company, but still....I would like to see better service.

If only because of the outstanding performance of Corsair products, my next system will most definitely consist of Corsair parts.

Regards,

Archived