Corsair Community

nautilis 500 help

DrDeath

I was wondering if this seems ok after installing the waterblock on a intel sckt 775. i can move the waterblock around with slight pressure from one finger. This seems loose too me.

I ask cause the performance does not seem to good, I have a d805 @1.5v and 3.92Ghz and it only cools maybe 5°~8°c better:mad: under load then my thermaltake big typhoon <granted it is alot less quiet. I am using AS5 compound and lapped/polished IHS but performance is dismal any ideas?

On a side note the waterblock came in looking like it had "hardwater" stains on the surface. I polished it out nice though

use the foam. I just bought the same and use for my CPU 475 it works out beautiful.

if I use fan CPU ai idle 43 and working 49 ~ 50. But when I use the Nautilus 500 at idle 33 and working is 42 contanst. this **** is GOOD. :D: :cool: :biggrin: Very happy with it.

The block will move under pressure. The Intel specifications (25 lbs) for pressure are very little compared to AMD's (75 lbs). Artic Silver 5 also has a longer break in period vs the Artic Ceramique that is shipped with the kit. The CPU temp should drop 1-2 degrees after the TIM breaks in. What are the CPU temps that you are seeing and what is the ambient temp? The stains on the block may have been from the adhesive used to stick the plastic to the bare copper block. Like you said it should polish off. It does not effect the performance of the block at all, it is just looks.

OK this seems strange but the nautilis is keeping my cpu at 15C under load , im using a 930d so is this because of the 65n manafacturing ? its holding sub 10c at the moment

If your room ambient temp's are low, your CPU voltage is low (65nm I suspect it is) and the program your using to read the CPU temp is correct...I think it's plausable.

My AMD CPU idles at 24C with 18 C case temp. (6 deg delta) and at 1.575 volts. I'm typing this at work and going by bad memory :)

thats why i was wondering , board temp is holding at 35 , and ambient is 20 or so normally , its airconditioned office at the moment

Just seems strange when i was holding around 35 on the old 2.4g 478

thats why i was wondering , board temp is holding at 35 , and ambient is 20 or so normally , its airconditioned office at the moment

Just seems strange when i was holding around 35 on the old 2.4g 478

The N500 will not be able to cool the CPU below ambient temp. If the room temp is 20C your CPU should be over that. What MB are you using and what program are you using to monitor temps?

asus p5n32-sli and thats there own probe software wich checks with the bios , theres no way its 10c in the office so it either is or the mainboard cpu probe is done , but i can touch the water block and its not heating up

Archived