Corsair Community

Kodak EasyShare v603 and 2GB x133 SD card

thill

i tried a search, but i didn't see any mention of my specific camera model. i just purchased both the camera and the card from newegg. when i put the card into the v603 it says it is read only and can not format it. i tried moving the little tab, but it gave another error saying it was write protected. so i moved put back and i get the read only error. i put the card into my gateway laptop and it recognized it and i could move files in and out of it, so i don't think the card is bad. i formatted it on my pc to FAT32, but that still didn't work. i am thinking that this camera and this card are incompatable. too bad. anyone have another suggestion?

Probably that's due to the fact that some point-and-shoot (as opposed to pro-grade SLR) digital cameras have a maximum memory addressing limit. I'm no expert on this, but many point-and-shoots can accept no larger than 512MB or 1GB cards.

• Corsair Employees
I would check for the latest firmware for your camera and see if that will solve the problem, other wise I would suggest asking if newegg can exchange the card for the 60X Version of our 2.0 Gig card or a smaller card.

Archived