Corsair Community

KN8 SLI + 1GB 3200 + CAS2.5 = nogo

Elshiftos

From what I have read on here, I should be able to do 2.5-3-3-6 (2.7V) with TWINX 3200c2 (2x512), but this setting causes games like FEAR to reset the PC. On 3-3-3-8 (2.7V) all seems fine.

I have also discovered that creating images with the Acronis True Image boot CD is so system intensive that it can find memory problems that memtest misses. Images created with CAS=2.5, or VDRAM<2.7V results in a corrupt image, whilst CAS=3 and VDRAM=2.7V is fine. I found that out after much pulling out of hair - just thought you might like to know :)

My Spec:

KN8 SLI

64 3200

TWINX 3200c2 (2x512)

X850XT

Enermax 350W

Cheers

I put a 420W seasonic on my system tonight as a test, and it still crashed when set to CAS2.5, so it's not a power problem. To be honest, I was very sceptical that it would be, however, this PSU is sooo much quieter than my 3 year old Enermax, so it stays :)

• Corsair Employees

Did you reset the bios when you changed PSU's? If not I would try that and see if helps. Other wise I have no problem replacing your modules if you like, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them or it.

And you need to check that the PSU you have meets the power requirements for the Video card you have installed.

Archived