Corsair Community

Packaging wrong ideas?? I bought a 4GB but inside it's a 2GB!!!

DaFOBulous1

RAMGUY, I bought a 4GB from Fry's Electronics a few days ago from that MIR sale.

Well, there wasn't anymore so I asked an associate to find one for me. Finally, on top of the shelves, they found a whole lot of them not packaged into that security box yet.

The associate confirmed it was a 4GB and I went on to purchase it. I was indeed happy since it seem that it was sold out and everybody assumed so. Well, today I opened it and founded out it was only a 2GB. For one thing, on the LED, I thought it said 26 but it means 2GB. On the tip, it said 2G but I assumed that didn't mean anything.

Today, I finally got to check it out and it was only 2GB. Was those packages put away because either Fry's or you guys knew some were packaged wrong and asked them to NOT sell it? I'm quite worried since I don't want to be accused of doing a switch but now what can I do? I'm sure there is more packages that were wrongly packaged as there were tons of them in that box.

I also have a MIR that is due soon so that complicates it and I went to a Fry's back home during my break from school so I can't just drop by and ask what is the deal.

• 5 weeks later...

I bought 4GB Voyager USB drive at Fry's during their sale. It was sealed and completely new but when I opened it, it was confirmed to be a 2GB drive. I took pix, show copies of the receipt and gave them the whole story over and over. The first person Georgetta? left the company and then Vivian who I believe is in charge of the Fry's retailer promised me to reply back almost 2 weeks ago.

She has not. I wasn't a rush but this is getting way too long. I was thinking of returning to Fry's but this was a Corsair quality control issue. I even offered to ship it back if they offered me a prepaid shipping slip so they can inspect on what is going on and give me the correct drive. I'm somewhat shocked as this was completely sealed, and the Fry's associate personally handed this and confirmed it before he handed it to me.

Nothing...last time I heard her was that she would get back to me tommorrow. Shoot, I even got my email of my rebate being received before getting this resolved. I usually at work or school during their office hours so I really don't have time to call them at this time.

I purchased a Corsair Voyager 4GB at Fry's and they packaged it in witha 2GB drive. I talked to Georgetta and then Vivian who is charge of the Vendor support with Fry's and this was 2 weeks ago when she promised me to call me back the next day.

What do I do now?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees

DaFOBulous1

If you called when you posted this it was 2 AM in the morning here and we would not have been in the office. Not to mention it was Saturday.

Our Hours are from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM Pacific Time Monday Thru Friday excluding Holidays. Can you send an email with your Contact info to Ramguy@corsairmemory.com and please put ATT Ram Guy and a link to this post. I will se it gets taken care of ASAP.

• 1 month later...

Archived