Corsair Community

CMX512-3200C2 Bad?

I purchased two of these sticks about a months ago. I started having issues with my comp that would lead me to believe it was a ram issue, so I switched the sticks around a bit and discovered that one of the sticks was causing the problems. I ran memtest on it and it was giving me errors every 3 seconds or so when I had that stick installed. Without it everything is fine, the other stick is running things for now, just wanted to know if this other one is under the warranty.

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Yeah, my bad.

Gigabyte K8 Triron GA-K8U-939 MB

Amd Athloin 64 3500+ Venice core

All bios settings are at defaults for cpu and ram - 1.400 on cpu power, and "normal" for the ram settings.

I havent touched anything in the Bios really.

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Archived