Corsair Community

bad ram

Hello, I have a 1gb corsair dual channel ram kit, cmx512-4400c25, that I have been using for a few months, and lately has started to flake out. The system I am using it in, is asus a8n-sli deluxe mboard, athlon 64 3700+ sd, geforce 7800gt. I ran them overclocked for some time at 2.75 volts, with no problem. I rebooted my pc one day after installing software, and got an operating system error, I attempted to fix, with no luck, so I attempted to reload the os and still got errors. switched to some different ram and the problem vanashed. I also got errors when running memtest.

right now I have everything set to default. I cleared the cmos with the jumper, so everything is as it is from factory, and I still have the same problems. before I was running at 2.82ghz memory was at.. around 200mhz. maybe 205? 2-3-3-6 timings. 2.75 volts I believe. I dont remember for sure what divider either. its been a while since I had it configured so im not for sure what I had before. I also have a fan on both memory modules, so heat shouldnt be an issue.

• Corsair Employees

Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS3200XL Cass 2-2-2-5 for testing and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

In addition, with this MB you have to set the CPU Freq manually and disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived