Corsair Community

memory problem

frickY

Hi,

I have this kit in my 939Dual-SATA2:

Corsair TWINX 3200C2 2048Mb/2Gb KIT (2x1024Mb)

The system reboots intermittently, and also the system fails the memtest86 at test #8 unless I turn the memory clock down to about 129MHz (from 200MHz)

I'm still looking for a solution - anybody got one?

thanks,

Kramy

Unfortunately I am having this exact same problem withxCorsair TWINX1024-3200C2PT (2x 512MB PC3200 CAS2) on this motherboard (BIOS v1.90), fitted with an AMD X2 3800+ Manchester.

It does not matter wich memory settings I try. As long as I leave the Flexibility Mode disabled, Memtest86's test 8 fails with over 60.000 errors. When testing the DIMMs one at a time, no problems seem to exists.

When running Prime95 Torture Test in Windows, it fails immedeately with a hardware error;

FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4

Since Corsairs website claims these DIMM's should be compatible with this motherboard, I can only think of the two DIMMs not being a valid matched pair? Eventhough they are sold as Twin-pack. What else could be wrong?

• 5 weeks later...

Both Ram Guy and Wired, thanks for your tips.

After a few more tests I concluded the memory had to be damaged. I returned them to the shop I've got them from, and got a new set of the same DIMMs.

These ones work perfectly at 2-3-3-6 T1 DDR400. So problem solved, case closed :)

Archived