Corsair Community

ASUS P5N32-SLI Deluxe & Corsair VS1GB667D2

DWZ

G'day, I have two quick questions :)

1. I have an ASUS P5N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard and have recently ordered two VS1GB667D2 sticks to go with it. I was quite sure it was supported, but now I'm browsing the Corsair comparability website, and notice it's not listed under my motherboard's page. Although, I notice VS1GBKIT667D2 is. So I'm just going to guess you guys decided just not to list everything. So yeah, that's cool, was just hoping someone could confirm that I've done the right thing in making my order. heh

2. When it does arrive, and assuming it is in fact supported by my motherboard, I was wondering how I should put it in my motherboard. Looking at the manual, it says:

Channel A - Socket DIMM_A1 and DIMM_A2

Channel B - Socket DIMM_B1 and DIMM_B2

My question is, where exactly should I put the two sticks of RAM? The manual is somewhat, confusing on this point. Do I put one in channel A, and one in channel B (ie. DIMM_A1 & DIMM_B1). Or am I supposed to put them both in the same channel (eg. DIMM_A1 & DIMM_A2).

Obviously looking for the greatest performance possible, so yeah, just wondering what combination I should use. Showing how stupid I am here, but: a dual-channel configuration (using DIMM_A1 & DIMM_B1) would be better performance wouldn't it?

Thanks in advance :)

Archived