Corsair Community

My 1Gb Flash Voyager stopped working

hi,

i have it for about a year. It worked perfectly until yesterday.

Since then, everytime i plug it, the system finds a "PROLIFIC USB-FlashDisk USB Device". When i try to access the drive (that gets a drive letter), i'm told the key is not formatted, and proposed to format it.

I tried the Ezrecover utility, that doesn't see the key.

I also tried the Flash voyager utility, that tells me "Format disk fails" or 'invalid device" when i try to format it.

The key is clean (no dust or anything else). I tried it on 3 different computers, running windows XP, always with the same result. Other keys work fine.

Brief, it's dead. what do i do now ?

Regards.

• Corsair Employees

Please try and format your Flash Voyager with Corsair EZ-Recover Utility. Please note; this will not recover Data; it’s made to recover the FAT table for the Flash drive.

But First if you need to recover some data there are some third party utilities available that may help you if you have some data you need to recover from this site.

If you still have problems, lets get it replaced. Please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

• Corsair Employees

There are also instructions to get your drive replaced! And thats what I would suggest if you have not been able to format the drive using the utility that I posted.

If you still have problems, lets get it replaced. Please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

:bigeyes: I have exactly the same problem as yours. I bought my Flash Voyager (1Gb) a year ago, and until yesterday, I was very pleased of its performance. After work, at home, I got the same "Prolific USB drive" recognition message and then I could not use my USB key anymore.

I have tried the Corsair Utility program to format it but no success ! Then, I have read this post and downloaded the EZ-Utility program but when I launch the program, every fields are empty and grayed. The OK button is grayed as well. How do I use this program ?

I have opened a case on the support site and I am waiting for a reply. What do I need to send if I want my key to be replaced by Corsair ?

Thanks a lot.

Tanhys

• 2 weeks later...
This exact same thing just began happening with my 1Gb flash voyager a couple of weeks ago. I've had mine for 2 or 3 months probably and I've been very happy with it. While trying to get data off of it when it started acting up, I found that on the computers at school (Windows 2000) installing the windows 98 driver from the corsair website/cd before plugging it in would cause it to load correctly if that helps anyone. However, I have not yet gotten it to work on my XP at home, today is the first day it stopped working here.

• Corsair Employees

Please try and format your Flash Voyager with Corsair EZ-Recover Utility. Please note; this will not recover Data; it’s made to recover the FAT table for the Flash drive.

But First if you need to recover some data there are some third party utilities available that may help you if you have some data you need to recover from this site.

Archived