Corsair Community

Another P5N32SLI o/c question.

Sedrek

I'm sure you all read the 4.1 thread at THG

http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/05/10/dual_41_ghz_cores/

I am interested in doing the same thing but using the P5N32SLI-Deluxe Mobo.

(Running Pentium 4 D 805 processor up to 4.1Ghz)

I've been out of the computer building scene so I have a few questions before dropping $$$ on components and have them not be compatible.

What would be the best memory that I could buy for this set up (taking into mind lowest latency) etc. I keep reading about "that board is not compatible with that memory" but hear people running it up to 800Mzh (as in the thread up above).

I was looking at Corsair Dual Channel TWINX 2048MB PC6400 DDR2800MHZ memory. Assuming that I'm able to reach similar O'cing results, would this memory work with this board (it's not the same one that they use in the THG review). If money wasn't much of an issue, is there any better corsair memory that would work better in this rig? Thanks in advance!

(I intentionally left this post vague to lead to more open ended advise. Please ask any questions you might have of me).

~Sed.

• 3 weeks later...
Those moduled should run great in the MB.

So just to be clear....

These memory modules...

TWIN2X2048-6400C4 2048MB 4-4-4-12 2X240 DIMM Black XMS2

Should work in the P5N32SLI despite the Asus website stating it only takes upto DDR2667?

So does there web page , and some people seem to get them to work , but a few of us couldnt , 5400 and i could , boards seem to be really fussy about ram from what ive read

get the new beta bios too , fixes alot of problems

So does there web page , and some people seem to get them to work , but a few of us couldnt , 5400 and i could , boards seem to be really fussy about ram from what ive read

get the new beta bios too , fixes alot of problems

Was going to wait until the BIOS went gold, but perhaps I'll give it a go.

Those moduled should run great in the MB.

Can the RAM guy provide further explanation as to above post? I really want to buy the memory listed here!

• 5 months later...

Archived