Corsair Community

CMX512-3200XLPT Bad Module

I have four CMX512-3200XLPT in my Asus motherboard. Yesterday while playing oblivion the computer reset and upon reboot came up with 'failed memory test' message. I took out the sticks and tested them in pairs until I identified the failed module. The motherboard memory timings are by SPD and DDR voltage is at 2.7v. I brought the suspect stick into work to test in a different computer and the stick also causes this computer not to boot failing memory test. Therefore I would like an RMA!

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Hi

The mobo is an Asus AN8-Sli Premium

The cpu is an AMD Athlon 64 3200+

Core speed is 2000Mhz, HTT 200MHz and Multi x10, Memclock DDR400, HT Frequency x5, CPU Frequency 200Mhz

The ram timings are 2-2-2-5 as per SPD

I'm not sure what you mean about performance settings?

Hi

I have set the memory voltage to 2.8v while the working sticks are in. I took all the sticks out and tested them individually with memtest86. 3 pass all tests with no errors. One of the sticks when inserted into the motherboard causes the motherboard bios to fail memory test and the computer will not boot.

• 1 month later...

Archived