Corsair Community

RAM problem?

This is the first time I've made a post so I hope I'm posting in the right thread...

A month ago I purchased:

TWINX 1024-3200C2PT 1GB DDR400 XMS3200 Dual-Channel Memory w/Platinum Heat Spreader

from ZipZoomFly.com

Since then I've had problems with my PC restarting itself randomly. I've been able to prevent it from restarting as often by using a trial version of memturbo, a program that apparently frees up enough ram to keep windows running smoothly.

I used memtest+ 86, and while I don't really understand everything about PCs, what I did understand was that it failed 1 of the 10 tests that memtest runs through. I really didn't expect the ram to be the problem, everything I've ever heard from anyone knowledgable about the subject has said that Corsair is a good choice to find reliable RAM.

I also ran memtest+ 86 on another PC of mine just to make sure that I wasn't getting something wierd from the program, but my other computer passed it without a hitch.

I think it's too late to send it back to ZipZoomFly.com and have it returned directly to Corsair, because they have a 15 day return policy on this sort of thing (which makes sense), but the problem is it took me an entire month to discover an article about RAM problems which led me to memtest+ 86. I've been trying everything in my extremely limited powers to correct the issue with antispyware and antivirus programs, including CCleaner, Norton Antivirus, and Windows Defender but to no avail.

Any help would be extremely appreciated. I believe that if it is the RAM, then it's probably an anomaly and I wouldn't mind having it replaced with the same thing.

Thanks in advance!

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

I downloaded Everest and here's what it told me, though today I couldn't get a hold of my tech guy I use.

Motherboard: Biostar M7NCD Pro

Motherboard ID: 03/11/2004-nVidia-nForce-6A61BB01C-00

And I'm guessing by CPU speed you mean: 1833 MHz

BIOS Properties

BIOS Type Award

Award BIOS Type Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

Award BIOS Message NCD0311 BS Pro

System BIOS Date 03/11/04

Video BIOS Date 06/02/04

BIOS Manufacturer

Company Name Phoenix Technologies Ltd.

As for the BIOS settings I have no idea until I can contact the tech guy.

• Corsair Employees
Then the memory frequency should be set to DDR333 if you have a 166 FSB CPU. But please ask the person who built the system to help you or you can call our Tech Support at 1-800-205-7657 when you are in front of your system and we can try and help you solve the problem. Our hours are from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM Pacific Time Monday thru Friday excluding holidays.

Archived