Corsair Community

Match 2-2-2-5 Latency of XLPRO

m404

on my Asus K8Vse DeLux MB w/3 DIMMs I already have two CMX512-3200XLpros with above latency and cannot find a matching latency to bring it up another 1gb stick. ASUS advises to match. What should I do.

There are no "XL" 1GB modules. Also, running 3 double-sided DIMM's on a s754 system will most likely result in a loss of performance due to memory controller limitations and I do not suggest it.

Should you want 2GB of memory, the best option is to buy a 2GB memory kit and sell or find another use for the existing modules.

To be honest, running 2-2-2-5 latencies on that system with 3 DIMMs is going to be practically impossible and you face the definate possibility of running them at DDR333 with a definate 2T command rate.

PLUR

CK

There are no "XL" 1GB modules. Also, running 3 double-sided DIMM's on a s754 system will most likely result in a loss of performance due to memory controller limitations and I do not suggest it.

Should you want 2GB of memory, the best option is to buy a 2GB memory kit and sell or find another use for the existing modules.

To be honest, running 2-2-2-5 latencies on that system with 3 DIMMs is going to be practically impossible and you face the definate possibility of running them at DDR333 with a definate 2T command rate.

Actually, with three double-sided sticks on that VIA chipset-based motherboard, the thread starter will be even further limited, to DDR200 (100MHz) speed due to the limitations of all of VIA's Socket 754 chipsets. That VIA chipset won't run even DDR333 with a full load.

Archived