Corsair Community

Question on Timings?

Hey Everyone. I am currently running a DFI LanParty UT nF4-D, AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Venice Oced to 2.8, Corsair XMS PC4400 DDR 500 Dual Channel Set. I just got a new set of Ram from a recent RMA and I am having much better success with this new pair but I have some questions on the Timings. I am able to run 275 fine no problem and I can load up to 286 just fine in Windows but at 280, and 285 I am not stable when I run games. My CPUZ settings are CAS Latency - 3.0, 3,2,3,8, 16 Clocks, 1T. I know the DFI boards are really picky with their Genie Settings so what can do I do to get the ram to run 280-286 in games, my voltage is at 2.7v right now. I dont want to push the ram until I get these to run gaming fine and I should be good. What do you guys suggest?:confused:

Hey Guys I have a question, I am able to get my Ram up to 290 with the settings above but past 279 I dont seem to be stable in windows, I mean I have no issue loading all the way up to 290 so do I need to loosen the timings or what?

Thanks

Well the first thing you need to do is find out if everything runs correctly at stock speeds.

DDR600 is very fast. To get to that speed you will have to relax your timing. Some A64 CPUs don't like running faster RAM speeds.

Once you find out if your system is stable at stock speeds, then do a google search for A64 overclock guides (there is one on this forum). Read ALL the guides you can find.

That will give you a starting point. From there you should be able to figure out what your system can do. This is not a quick process. It will take alot of time and effort to get maximum results.

try 3-4-4-10.

If that don't work, go to dfi-street.com for the best OC guide for you mobo and cpu.

Also a little bit of advice. Run prime95's torture test for at least 8 hours. Your overclock might be stable, but that doesn't mean the ram is returning 100% data. Prime95 will let you know if errors are happening.

Overall I find your overclock very sweet as it is.

Archived