Corsair Community

Memory Has Gone Bad

I bought some Corsair Value Select Dual Channel 1024MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz Memory ( 2 x 512MB ), from Tigerdirect about 9 months ago. The memory has been great. But a few days ago my pc starts to crash. I checked everything, Motherboard, CPU, Etc. After running a series of different memory test programs, i came across large errors when testing. I ran memtest86 and I got about 16 errors during the test. I do have lifetime warrenty on this product. Heres the link if its needed. VS1GBKIT400

What do i do now?

Run Memtest86+, not memtest86. BIG difference.

Test one stick at a time in each slot using Memtest86+.

Try these settings:

CAS Latency (tCL): 2.5

RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3

Row Precharge (tRP): 3

Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 8

Memory Voltage: 2.75 Volts

All other settings to defaults.

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

• 1 month later...
Hi, I have had a series of crashes with my pc all with the blue screen of death of time to time. All the errors i have gotten and researched all lead up to memory errors. I have all updated drivers and have been having this probelm for some time now. I've ran memtest86 and gotton errors. I want to run it one more time, testing each stick in each slot. I need help on settings for the memtest86. I am running 2 value select 512mb 400s?

I ran memtest+ 86 on both memory modules, in each slot. I tested that my first stick recieved many errors. 6 Errors in slot 1, 2 Errors in slot 2, and 6 errors in slot 3. I tested my secend stick and recieved no errors in all 3 slots. I would like to get the one replaced.

Archived