Corsair Community

TwinX 1024 PC3200 C2 Pro Problems

poddy

Hi there, over the past few days i have had problems with my computer. I have been getting alot of BSOD's sometime computer will last hours before getting one others computer won't even let me log on with getting one. Now my computer won't even get to the logon screen. Ive got 1gb (2 x 512) test each stick on its own in same slot both showing errors in memtest 86. is it possible to remove these errors from the ram? or will i need to RMA them?

BSOD errors i have recieved:

Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

Thanks for any help

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

By any chance does the northbridge chip on a motherboard control anything to do with the RAM, also what else does this chip control?, as i feel this may be the cause of the problem.

ok then, i think N/B chip may be the cause then as when i took N/B fan off there was a slight outline of the fan heatsink and around that was watery'ish black kinda stuff that rubbed off it, so looks like the N/B chip has gone on my MOBO.

yeah had got the fan working again but still same problems, to me it looks like as chip got so hot, it heated the heatsink which then started melting the top of the chip, also noticed one of the solders on bottom of mobo which is for the N/B chip had slightly gone a brownish colour and looks different to the other solders as i had a look through a microscope, was also a dark shade of red (colour of mobo)/browny colour on the board itself near that discoloured solder

Archived