Corsair Community

Intel 875P with Corsair XMS TWINX1024-3200XL

sala_test

Hi to all,

i have 2 (4) TWINX1024-3200XL (2-2-2-5), some one can tell me which are the correct setting to use this modules with an Intel 875P chipset? I know that this chipset can't support at all the low value of my modules.

I read around the forum but i don't find a simple "all in one" answer :D

So, if someone knows this mistical values please, help me.

I need to know for the i875p:

DDR Voltage: ???

CAS Latency Time: ???

Act to Precharge Delay: ???

DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay: ???

DRAM RAS# Precharge: ???

THANKS TO ALL ;)

Yeah i have 4 identical sticks 4 x 512Mb same revision, with platinum copper.

Actually i have these settings (with no great problems):

DDR Voltage: 2.8v

CAS Latency Time: 2.5

Act to Precharge Delay: 2

DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay: 2

DRAM RAS# Precharge: 5

The values that you give me are too high, really i don't think that are correct. Corsair develop that modules to reach 2 - 2 - 2 - 5, i can't think that they fraud in their technical documentation.

Well i know that one of medium value must be 3 on intel 875P because this chipset can't support 2, i read it on tech news some months ago but i can't remeber wich value is.... (i lost that news...), Act to Precharge Delay or DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay? This is the problem....

At last i want to decrease CAS Latency Time to 2 and rise all other values to correct setting for the Intel 875P (I think 2-3-3-6, but i hope that someother then me can cofirm that)

Bye

Corsair rates the 3200XLs in one stick or a pair, @ 2-2-2-5. They have no official timings for more than 2 sticks, ergo, that's why I said try 3-4-4-8 and tighten them from there once you have it stable. There's a slew of reasons why a system wouldn't be able to run more than 2 sticks @ 2-2-2-5.

RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD) is the setting that you are thinking about that should be set to 3.

Archived