Corsair Community

3500LL failed Memtest.

one43637

i have an odd situation. my system was running fine, but due to a HSF issue and a screw that won't come out of the Motherboard i had to get a replacement A8N32. the new motherboard shipped with bios 1103, whereas my old one was 1009.

my problem is that when i run Memtest on the same Ram i used with my old motherboard, it fails. i've been looking through threads to see if there is something that i'm missing. my system primed 9+ hours last night stable on both cores using Cpu test, but when i tried to run memtest this morning it just failed. not just a couple of errors either. i came back after having a cup of coffee and it had hundreds of errors after 2 minutes into memtest.

all the parts are the same except the motherboard that shipped with the 1103 bios. when i get home i'll try and run memtest on one stick to try and rule that out. cpu and memory were left at stock/auto when i was running Memtest and Prime. do i need to OC the ram to 217 for it not to fail Memtest?

i like the peace of mind of having all the parts i bought to work. it worked before on the old motherboard with legacy usb enabled. i'm not sure why it's not working now.

i went home for lunch just to double check and i had it at 2.7v and 2.75 and it fails at the end of test 5 and beginning of test 6 on memtest v3.2.

also i would like to OC my machine again, but if it fails Memtest, then there's no point doing that till i get this resolved first.

thanks for the tip, i'll try that at home.

thanks for the replies. i would have never known that Legacy USB could be a culprit. only thing i changed in the memory was to have it run at 1T and a CAS of 2. everything else was left on auto for the sake of simplicity.

i normally don't update a BIOS if everything works for me, but i'll run through the screens to make sure none of the options i didn't normally have get turned off.

out of curiosity, why would having the Legacy USB on Auto cause errors on Memtest?

thank you both for the quick replies. my memtest error was solved by disabling Legacy USB in the BIOS. :):

now i'll just have to remember to bookmark this thread so i won't forget the lesson.

:greengrin

Archived