Corsair Community

New 4 GB Flash Voyager already defective?

skyscreamer

I just purchased a 4 GB Flash Voyager and I cannot get the partitions to work correctly. I have tried it on 2 XP machines with no luck. What happens is that I can format it with Windows Device manager into 1 partition using most of the space with 48 MB unallocated. If I try to format it in the Corsair utility, it states that the format failed. I tried to use the recovery tool posted here, and again the error "format failed" comes up. :[pouts:

Do I need to send this back to the seller?:confused:

What file format are you formatting the drive in with Windows File Manager? For the Corsair Flash Voyager 4GB you should use FAT32. I would also suggest downloading the latest version of the Corsair Utility from the website to try that as well.

Well, I don't know what the difference is, but I went home and plugged this into yet another computer this time using the software that I received in the box and it worked! :eek:

I tried it on several other computers and they all read the drive fine and they all prompt me for the security password. It's probably because I was at work and they have something strange in the image that we use (it's honestly not tested very well and about 6 months old). So thanks for all the help, but it's working find now. :D:

Archived