Corsair Community

2 bad 2*256 TwinX 3200 C2

Hi,

this is my first config

(for testing memory, both configs were NOT OC'ed)

P4 2.8 SL6Z5 MO

corsair twinx 2*256 3200 C2

Abit IC7-G

timings 2-3-3-6

working voltages : 1.55 1.60 1.65 1.7 (usually 1.65 works best for me)

Windoz opens : i already get a memory error, and it doesn't stop evrytime i open or close a program or window. I runned memtest for a couple of hours, no errors ? I change the win distribution 2000 -> XP same mess.

Then I had another config :

AMD sempron 2800+ 64bit support

ASUS K8N-E

timings : 2.5-3-3-6

working voltages 1.65 1.7 1.7 works better ahum, if you can call it better :sad:

The machine freezes or black screen

Watching a movie : maximum possible : 22 minutes

Gaming max : 1h50 (moto gp2) minimum time played : 2 seconds (once i'm in the game)!!! Just the time to make 1 step forward (Syberia)

Flash bugs while loading..

I tried with one module : the machine doesn't starts up.

Of course I tried both modules, but same result. I also tried all slots.

Two modules : it works. Isn't it supposed to work with one module also???

But the pc crashes...

I changed voltage, I changed timings (go to motherboard detected timings).

Nothing to do with it. Any explanation? :brick:

If not, could I please get an RMA? Simple errors in windows weren't annoying me, except some explorer crashes. But now I can't even play or watch a movie.

I think i tried almost everything that's possible.. :dunno:

I'll run another memtest this evening, one module at a time... and give exact specs of memory also..

Another question.. now I have also TwinX 2*512 3200 C2. Why does memtest detects a total amount of memory of only 512 instead of 1Gb ?

help me out please, thx

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

The motherboard and graphics card are returned for testing.

If they don't find errors, it has to be the memory..

I have no more errors on my IC7-G, but on the K8N-E, I can't test one module by module, the computer doesn't work. He runs, but nothing on screen, no 'beeps', nothing.

I'll keep U in touch after having received the mobo back.

Thanks

Archived