Corsair Community

TWINX2048-4000PT and Asus A8N-E, tried it all?

apanloco

I have a TWINX2048-4000PT kit and am trying to run them in on my A8N-E motherboard in their specified 250mhz. The system is however very unstable and bluescreens on me. This is what I have done:

1. Raised bus-speed to 250mhz

2. Set timings to 3-4-4-8 (the other mem-timings available in BIOS is unknown to me, but changing them upwards don't affect stability)

3. Raised DDR voltage to 2.75

4. Changed HTT multiplier to 4

5. Lowered CPU multiplier to 9 (from 11) to be on the safe side.

But Prime95 bails out after one second if I don't get bluescreen before that. Please tell me what I can do! I have upgraded BIOS to latest but that one is so buggy doesn't even save the settings while inside BIOS (go out of menu, in and change something else, and back in, and it has changed back everything to AUTO).

EDIT: I have an Athlon X2 4400+. Perhaps it helps.

/D

I was not eager to remove the CPU heatsink+fan and GFX card from the motherboard in order to remove the memory sticks, as its very cumbersome. Isn't there another way to see whats wrong? If not, I'll have to do it :)

/D

Hello! With everything at auto I ran a few passes of memtest. No problem at all. The question is just --- is it the motherboard that cant handle FSB above 225 (forgot to say that 225 is the maximum I can get the memory up to, with a low cpu multipl. and lowered htt multipl.), or is it the memory that is faulty and cannot handle their specified 250mhz? Is there an easy way to find out, without removing the memorysticks?

/D

• Corsair Employees
What are the exact settings where it is stable and where does it fail? And if you have a 380 Watt PSU still like what’s in your profile, I would suggest at least a 500 Watt with that configuration if you want to over clock.

Archived