Corsair Community

2GB Flash Voyager - wont format

shiphen

Hi

I have a 2GB (I think!) Corsair Flash Voyager stick, which I have NEVER managed to get to work correctly.

When I stick it into the USB port WindowsXP Pro seems to recognises it but not only cant I write to it, I cant even FORMAT the damned thing!

I tried installing "ComponentTransferErrorFix.exe" and rebooting. I then even uninstalled from the My Computer >> drivers etc and removed and reinserted the thing. Window seems to recognise it but still I cant write to it - nor read anything that may have been on the thing!

I have a new PC. Is there anything else that I need to download?

Or is the thing faulty?!

With thanks

Ship

Shiperton Henethe

• Corsair Employees

Please try and format your Flash Voyager with Corsair EZ-Recover Utility. Please note; this will not recover Data; it’s made to recover the FAT table for the Flash drive.

But First if you need to recover some data there are some third party utilities available that may help you if you have some data you need to recover from this site.

If you still have problems, lets get it replaced. Please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Okay I installed EzRecover.

But it still cant see the 2GB Corsair memory stick.

Windows can see it - in fact I just uninstalled the

drivers in Control Pannel > System > hardware

unplugged it, replugged it back in and Windows found everything

and told me itwas ready to use.

But *STILL EzRecover cant work, saying "please attach

a device to do ExRecover" !

Ship

Shiperton Henethe

• Corsair Employees
If you still have problems, lets get it replaced. Please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Lets replace it!

I wonder if I might be having similar issues with my 2GB Flash Voyager. I purchased it last August and a couple months ago some data was corrupted. I managed to recover most of it using scandisk and then formatted the drive. It consistently failed after that and now can't be formatted. I have tried the EZ Recover Utility mentioned in this article but it reports a failed to format error as well. Are there any other steps I should take to get the drive working again or does it sound like it's gone?

• 2 weeks later...
I have completed the online RMA form twice with no email response. The only thing I can think of is that because I am currently stationed in Iraq the server detects the form being filled out from outside of the US so maybe my requests are being ignored. I would, of course, still use my home address where I orginally ordered the product from as the address replacement. Is there an email address I should contact? warranty@corsairmemory.com?

Archived