Corsair Community

CMX1024-3200C2PT (TwinPack) Not Working With MSI K8NGM2-FID Motherboard

I recently built my new system. When I was installing XP I could not the get past the copying part of the install. I would keep getting error messages that files cannot be copied from the cd. Now I tried that same copy on my old machine and it worked fine. I even tried another XP cd and that failed too on my new PC. So I took my other TwinX CMX512-32000LL memory I had lying around and installed that on my MSI K8NGM2-FID motherboard. Whola, the install worked perfect. Booted up to XP and everything was fine. So I take my original CMX1024-3200C2PT (Twinx) memory and put it in the system and uppon bootup it would loop and restart itself when It got to the XP screen. I troubleshooted by just putting in one of the 1gb cmx1024-3200c2pt memory chips in my pc and the first one boots up fine to XP and everything appears normal. I took the good chip and put in the 2nd chip by itself in the motherboard. Booted up the PC and as soon as it got the XP logo the system would just reboot itself and loop. It appears I have some bad memory here. What should I do? RMA the memory?

Thanks,

-Danny

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

The system is running on a AMD 64 X2 4800+, default FSB of 200

In The Bios:

Memclock Mode = Auto

MCT Timing Mode = Auto

User Config mode = Auto

Bank Interleaving = Auto

Burst Length = 4 Beats

System is running stock and not overclocked.

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Archived