Corsair Community

New RAM (VS1GB400C3) Fails Memtest - Need RMA

mkause

The system in which I installed my VS1GB400C3 RAM was acting flaky. I ran a DOS-based memory test (memtest - via the Ultimate Bootable CD I made) to determine if it was the RAM. It showed there were serious errors with the module. When I replaced the RAM in my system with a different module I had , the memory test ran fine and when I booted Windows the system started operating normally.

I'm posting this thread as a matter of course just to get the post id so I can get my RAM replaced.

For those who may not know, there is a web site where you can download an .iso image which will create a bootable CD containing a bunch of useful utilities including memtest86. You can find it here: http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

When you go to this link, click on the "Download UBCD" link over on the left hand side to get to the download page.

- Mike

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Archived