Corsair Community

RAM Selection Help Please

BigEasy

I used the memory selector on the website but still have a couple of questions. I have an ECS 755 A2 board with a 3000+ processor. The MB can be adjusted up to 2.6v for the memory and says it supports up to DDR 400. But when I use the memory selector tool, I get modules listed as compatible that are higher in volts and >DDR 400.

1. Can I use a memory that is rated for 2.75v in a 2.6v board and have it work properly? (like the 2048-3500LL)

2. Can I use memory higher than the DDR 400 listed for the board?

3. One of the listed module kits for selection is the 2048-3500LLPro, but not the 3500LL. Wouldn't these be the same except the LEDs and shouldn't the LL be compatible if the Pro is?

I'm looking for a boost in game performance but can't upgrade the MB now. The ECS 755-A2 that I have is not one for much adjustment in the BIOS or overclocking, so I'm trying to find a way to get the most out of the system.

Any advice on these questions and other things I should consider is appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

1. Not recommended, as they are meant to run @ 2.75, and they may not be stable at less. May run fine though, but to be forewarned is to be forearmed.

2. If you overclock, sure.

3. Correct, just hasn't been updated.

Hi,

I'm new to the forums so not sure whether I should be posting this here or not but it seemed relevant.

You say that the 3500 LL probably has not been updated on the Corsair site for motherboard compatability I'm assuming it would be compatible with the A8N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard which is what I have.

What I want to know is what is the difference between the 3500LL and 3500LL PRO? Is it just the heat sink and LED's? Is there any real actual performance difference between the two? They both have the same latency settings only thing I noticed on the Corsair site was they tested the 3500LL at 219Mhz as opposed to 218Mhz for the Pro?

Any help with this would be much apperciated.

By the way I'm looking at getting the 2GB memory kit mainly for doing 3d animation and graphics but also so that I can play a few games if this helps as to which one might be better.

Thanks.

Archived