Corsair Community

Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe w/ TWINX2048-3200

johaBBa

Motherboard:

Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe

Processor:

AMD Athlon XP 3000+ Barton 400MHz FSB Socket A Processor Model AXDA3000DKV4E - OEM

Memory:

TWINX2048-3200

-----------------

:confused:

I've been running with this setup for a while with no issues. Extremely happy with the 2G TwinXMS kit. I'd like to max out my board with 3GB of ram. I purchased a stick of CMX1024-3200C2. Didn't really notice the "C2" until it was shipped.

1. Can I use the CMX1024-3200C2 with TWINX2048-3200? If so what settings should i use? I'm guessing no since memtest fails at around 2.5GB with all 3 modules in.

2. If I can't use, the CMX1024-3200C2 with TWINX2048-3200 then what 1GB stick can I buy? Can't seem to find any other match w/out the "C2".

3. What are the best settings, voltage, timing for the TWINX2048-3200 with just the 2 sticks? What are the best settings for the TWINX2048-3200 with the extra 1GB stick?

Thanks for any guidance, RTFMs, or I told you so's.

Thank you both for your replies.

Wired:

1. Indeed :)

2. Indeed, again.

3. Trying that now and starting a memtest. I'll report back. Why 3GB of Ram? Games, DVD ripping, PSX and NeoGeo emulation, virtual machines (google: qemu). Did I mention Games, yet? :)

Sir RAM GUY:

I will give that a try after this memtest run and report back. Will this arrangement allow the RAM to run in DDR mode @ 200Mhz?

• Corsair Employees
It might you just have to try it. But if it does not work I would set the CPU_FSB Jumper furthest away from the CPU and reset the bios and load setup defaults and try it again.

Why 3GB of Ram? Games, DVD ripping, PSX and NeoGeo emulation, virtual machines (google: qemu). Did I mention Games, yet?

Actually, 3GB is overkill even for your intended use. You see, none of the above apps that you're using there really need more than 2GB of installed physical memory (at least not for a 32-bit operating system).

3 sticks non matching: 3-4-4-8 @ 166 Mhz

Not quite. At 166 MHz, the JEDEC-standard timings for DDR1 memory at that clockspeed is 2.5-3-3-7. As such, increased voltage may be required with 3 sticks.

Archived