Corsair Community

Recognizing my ram

rafa15

I recently ordered a gig stick of xms memory. My question is if there is anything I need to worry about with installing my memory. I am keeping my 1 512 stick in and taking the 256 out for my new stick...is there anything that will happen that would cause the ram not to work?

Welcome to the forums, rafa!

Yes, there's a lot that can happen, especially with mixing and matching memory modules.

However, in the event you'd like a specific answer, we need to know all of your computer's specifications and/or OEM model name (i.e. DELL XPS 400, etc) and the model of the memory module you're going to install.

PLUR

CK

Intel® Desktop Board D845PEBT2 . I am installing a CORSAIR XMS 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) System Memory. Currently my memory is 1 stick of 2100 512mb and 1 stick of apacer 2700 256mb. I am looking to have my new gig stick and keep my 2100 512mb of also ddr in there...if that is possible

what CPU do you have? What FSB speed does it run at?

I have a intel pentium 4 cpu 2.4 mhz. And to ram guy, not saying my mobo can or cannot run my new memory, if it could would you say to my original question. thanks for the help so far guys :)

• Corsair Employees
You are welcome to try what ever you like, but from my experience OEM type of MB's do not always include the information needed to run a faster module. But I would make sure the reseller you purchase from will let you send them back if they don’t work, no matter who's memory you use!

Archived