Corsair Community

Corsair CMX512-4000Pro Problems

Hi :)

I have recently had random shutdowns, including PFN_LIST_CORRUPT BSOD. (XP-Pro)

Following online advice, I tested my ram modules (2x512, # in title). Memtest (windows) shows 1 stick is totally faulty - errors keep coming up every second. The other stick has shown 2 errors.

I have had these units for around 2 years, and would like to know if I can get them replaced.

Thanks for your time :)

Thanks for the quick reply :)

From memory (excuse the pun)-

With a P4 2.66b / Abit IC7 MAX3:

From 'stock/spd', to fsb156@1.575v / 3337 1:1, 2.8v

With a P4 3.0 'D0' / Abit IC7 MAX3:

From 'stock/spd', to fsb240@1.525v / 3338 1:1, 2.9v

Latest combination has been running 'stock/spd' for approx. 5 months. Problems began occuring around 3 weeks ago.

Do you need a full system spec, or can you see my details?

Cheers

Edit: Currently using a pair of Corsair CMX512-3200C2 - issues have 'gone away'.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi :)

I have mailed you at the address you gave, including a screenshot of the RMA form.

I suggested in the mail that it might be easier to corespond via email, as the time difference may make things difficult.

Looking forward to your reply,

Mark

• Corsair Employees

If you leave the memory at SPD with a 533 FSB CPU it will fail this is a limitation of the memory controller with this platform.

This is a chipset limitation.

If the FSB of your CPU is 400 For Intel and 100 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports only DDR 266.

If the FSB of your CPU is 533 For Intel and 133/166 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports DDR 266/333

If the FSB of your CPU is 800 MHz for Intel and 200 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports DDR 333/400

• 2 weeks later...

Archived