Corsair Community

compatibilty question

sewy18

• Corsair Employees
I would not suggest more than one set of modules in any system, but if you do try to use more than one set they would have to be exactly matched in both part # and revision. You can post your modules info in the IC Inquiry Thread, to find out what IC's are used to make your modules.

Hey man so....

2x 512mb of CMX512 - 3200C2PRO

Will not run well with..

2x 512mb of CMX512 - 3200XLPRO ??

If it does not run well wich one should I use ,I mean wich one is more up to date/betta since I have both of them and can only use one=) need an answer asap.

Thanks for the help

highly doubtful, not worth it, as you've got 2 tyhings against you: 4 sticks (slowing down memory controller) and not compatible sticks (if thye work, they'll slow it down).

VERY GOOD CHANCE that even if they do run stably together that the system will be slower.

Alright So if I want to use 1 gig of ram I should go 2x512mb for good performence? and if I want to use 2 gigs I should get 2x 1 gig sticks and not 4x512mb since I will most likely have problems with 4x512mb? Just makin sure I understand:):

Alright So if I want to use 1 gig of ram I should go 2x512mb for good performence? and if I want to use 2 gigs I should get 2x 1 gig sticks and not 4x512mb since I will most likely have problems with 4x512mb? Just makin sure I understand

You are correct. 2x512MB should yield the best perfomance for a 1GB set, and 2x1GB will yield the best performance for a 2GB.

Archived