Corsair Community

A8n32-sli Ram timings...

Zargon

Hey all I am calling to anybody for help here

specifically any owners of the a8n32-sli

I want to buy the said board but i dunno if it will support my ram which is one stick of cmx512 3200xl 2-2-2-5

i have a k8n neo2 plat at the mo and i can only run the ram at 2326

i really want to be able to run the correct timings and i don't want to spend that amount of cash if the a8n32-sli won't support it either. Anybody know for sure?

I have been all over the net and all i can find is the twinx of the same ram which i have to assume is in dual channel which automatically increases the timings anyway...HELP!!!

• Corsair Employees
Just because a given part# is not listed on a MB makers QVL list does not mean it will not work. In this case I dont think we ever gave these modules to them to Qualify. XMS3200XL will run great in ASUS A8N32-SLI.

follow on question is there any possible way to actually run the correct timings on this current board of mine the K8n neo2 platinum... i have managed it for about twenty minutes and then it all went BSOD?

all i have is a 3500+ i think it's a newcastle...gotta check that

and one stick of the 3200xl memory all in the K8n neo2 platinum

i am trying to get it to run at the 2-2-2-5 timings that it's supposed to run at

the system is stable at 2-3-2-6 and as i said i managed to run it at 2-2-2-5 for 20 min ... thats the best i have managed then it crashes it would just be really nice to be able to run the correct timings you can imagine how upset i was when i discovered the board did not "support" the ram after having spent so much on both.

Thanks a bundle for all your help and sorry for bugging u. Like i said this is one thing i don't want to go through all over again. Two more questions though

do you perhaps know a link somewhere that explains in detail all of the different ram timings there seems to be about fifteen or more over and above the standard ras,cas etc.

the other one is i have been reading about different revisions of the same ram chip...how possible would it be to run two different revisions of the same type of ram in dual channel? - I suppose you saw that question coming :)

Archived