Corsair Community

Please Help On Overclocking!

Well I have my new system and everything is up and running and now I want to go for my overclock....I have an AMD 64 3700 SD and I also bought 2 Gigs of Corsair XMS DDR500 4000PT......I also have the Zalman 9500 Monster Fan lol so I am ready to go....At first I just tried raising only the CPU Frequency and got only to 231 and this ram is guaranteed to hit 250 I believe. But they said that I would need to make other adjustments besides just raising the cpu frequency and thats where I am at a loss so if anyone could please help me I would sure appreciate it...My motherboard is the ASUS A8N-E.......

Thankyou

I appreciate the reply but that really didn't help me.... I need someone to go thru the bios settings i need to change or tweak with me so I can overclock....I know its time consuming but I did not spend all this money on faster memory and larger fans just so I could run at stock...Just let me know which bios settings I need to tweak, whether its the HTT and the cpu frequency, will I have to mess with the voltage? I just need someone to kind of guide me...I have ssen all kind of A64 overclocking guides and none of them tell me what I need to know...I am not new to building computers, just overclocking them. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thankyou

1. Increase Vdimm to 2.9V

2. Increase Vcore to 1.5V

3. Lower CPU multiplier to 10x

4. set timings 3-4-4-8 manually

5. Disable Cool & Quiet

6. Lower HTT multiplier to 4x

7. Raise HTT (or FSB, whatever you want to call it) to 250MHz

8. Save and Exit.

Things that can go wrong....

1. Motherboard unable to reach 250MHz....that's possible.

2. You might fry the cpu

NOTE:You will void the warranty on the cpu by raising the voltage. If you don't want to raise the voltage, lower CPU Multiplier to 9x. I cannot be held responsible for you damaging your components.

CPU multiplier might be called Hammer FID in your BIOS.

Archived