Corsair Community

artefacts and BSOD death, need help

lodisx

hello,

Just recently i built my first computer. I'm not a complete noob at computers, but i have a lot to learn. OK, now on to the quest i have:

AMD athlon 3400+newcastle 2.4ghz processor

epox EP-8NPA+SLI motherboard

600w coolermaster extreme psu

xfx geforce 6800xtreme video card

and finally corsair 184-pin valueselect ram

i got the computer together fine, and everything was running fine(including half-life 2 at full settings) then all the sudden BSOD saying DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL so i restarted and went about my business and what happens? artefacts appear all over including in the POST everyone i've talked to seem to believe the issue is ram...but with only one stick and basically one of everything else there is no way i can swap parts to troubleshoot. on Corsairs website my mobo isn't listed under compatible products. Is that the problem??(i'm kind of hoping it is as i have a buyer for my old comp. and don't want to lose him in the wait for RMA's)

If anyone knows whats going on or has suggestions help is greatly appreciated.

if you need more info let me know.

Thanks

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Archived