Corsair Community

TWINX CMX512-3200XLPT - DUAL CHANNEL -> Memtest Errors ...

Hi !!! i bought 2 TWINX CMX512-3200XLPT (XMS 3208 v1.2) to install in my motherboard Gigabyte GA-K8NSNXP-939 and i test in a first time to work that in dual DDR : windows scratches, so i do a test with MEMTEST86+ and so many errors appear when i put the two modules on slot 1-2 and also on slot 3-4 ...

But when i test to put them not in dual, for exemple one on the slot 1 and the other on the slot 3, no errors appear ...

So do you think that the two modules are bad or what can i do to test them again ???

I'm waiting for your help pleaseeeee :(: (i'm french so if you can talk french that's perfect else that is not a problem ;): )

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Model of MB : Gigabyte GA-K8NSNXP-939

CPU Model And Speed : AMD Athlon64 3500+ (2200 MHz)

FSB : 200MHz

I don't touch any settings of bios for memory,CPU and performance ...

BIOS Type : Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG

BIOS ID : 05/11/2005-nForce-6A61CG0GC-00

I hope that you could help me .... :confused:

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Sorry but i think you don't understand : i already test the module's one at a time and no errors occur during the memtest86+ test. But when i do the test with the two modules at the same time memtest86+ print me a lot of errors...

that's my problem...

And when i boot my computer it comes a bip sound...

Can your advices help me anyway ???

Thanks a lot

I don't think that is a slot problem because i can put the 2modules on slots 1 and 2 for dual channel, or on slots 3-4 : but in these two cases the problem is the same, but errors aren't the same ...

If this is a memory controller problem what can i do to fix it ??? :eek: :confused:

Archived