Corsair Community

Corsair Flash Voyager 256MB needs to be formatted!

raptor

I got a big problem.

I've used my Corsair Flash Voyager every day now for about 11 months without a problem. However, this weekend I suddenly started to act up.

When inserting it into a Windows-machine, it won't always work (blue LED not blinking etc). I have to repeatidly remove and insert it several times. However, when I get it to work, windows does that old "new HW found" routine then displays it as a removable media (when it should be displaying it with it's name, "Mercury"). Then when I try to access it, Windows says that the drive needs to be formatted (and thereby I can't get access to it).

I've tried it on a Linux-machine too, hoping that I might be able to recover data that way, but I have the same problems getting it to work, and when I do (LED starts to blink), it won't show up anywhere (not in /media nor on the desktop).

As I have ALOT of vital data on that stick, I do not want to format it! (but I'm afraid the data is gone either way).

So, my question really is, are there any ways to recover the data on it? Or get it to work again?

• Corsair Employees

If the drive is not being detected then I am sorry there is little that can be done. If you need to recover some data there are some third party utilities available that may help you if you have some data you need to recover from this site.

Please try and format your Flash Voyager with Corsair EZ-Recover Utility. Please note; this will not recover Data; it’s made to recover the FAT table for the Flash drive.

If you still have problems, lets get it replaced. Please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Hello!

Well, the Ez recoverytool says I need to attatch a device to use the program, so I'm guessing that it don't recognize the unit. No luck in recovering data as the state is now.

I guess my only option (before a possible return) is to format it using windows?

Archived