Corsair Community

Bad stick of VS512MB400?

I've been running 2 sticks of said RAM for awhile now and worked fine. Today I get up and PC has shutdown. When I tried to boot system the lights came on but no video and hdd activity light was a solid colour. I pulled the ram from the 3rd DIMM and it did the same thing when booting again. So, I then took out the remaining RAM in DIMM 1 and put the ram I pulled from 3rd in DIMM 1. System booted this time normal and ofcourse just shows 512MB in XP. Ran Memtest on current ram and it passed 1 test. I cant test the other ram stick with memtest since I dont get any video with it in. Advice would be appreciated. Thx.

• 3 weeks later...
I believe I have almost the same symptom. I went away for a couple of weeks and now my comp wont POST. Got 2 sticks of VS512MB400 in Dual Channel config. Removing the stick in third DIMM slot and everything is OK. Using the suspected bad stick alone will have the same result. Used different sticks in dual mode, and evrything is also working perfectly. Can I get a replacement for this?

Archived