Corsair Community

How-To format 4GB FlashVoyager with NTFS?

canutza

Hello folks. :confused:

I've had the 1GB version of this FlashVoyager but lost it because of that silly rubber design that rips in time if you don't watch it. I'd like to purchase this 4GB version, but somehow i do not enjoy the thought of that fat32 partitioning. I will buy this model if i know i can format it in NTFS. Will you please "reveal that secret"? :) meaning is it possible to format this 4GB FlashVoyager NTFS or not?

Thank you very much. D.B. :sigh!:

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

So, the procedure is a simple right-click and "format..." or through the "Disk Management" option without any other alterations to the registry of the system? I was specifically asking the question "How-to format..." in the initial posting because when i had the 1GB version i tried to right-click and "Format..." without any success. This is the reason of my posting, to obtain instructions on how this 4GB can be formated NTFS. I've had other brand name memory sticks and i was to able to format them, so i believe yours shouldn't be any different.

As far as FAT32 or linux partitions, i have no longer encountered any in the CUNY computer labs, so i am not concerned about compatibility.

Thank you very much for your assistance. (I really like those sticks :)

Respectfully yours, D.B.

• Corsair Employees
You will have to go to Device manager and change the properties of the drive to be able to format it with NTFS, other wise you can only use FAT32. Just make sure you stop the drive before you remove it.

• 4 weeks later...
You will have to go to Device manager and change the properties of the drive to be able to format it with NTFS, other wise you can only use FAT32. Just make sure you stop the drive before you remove it.

Hello again. Given your sustained help i followed you instructions. I really cannot find any such option through the Windows XP Computer Management-> Disk Management. I right clicked on every possible option and went through loops and hoops trying to see where i can change properties for this specific type 4GB USB FlashDrive but i cannot discover anything. You must help me format this stick in NTFS, because this is how i want to have it and to use it. If you have any other ways of formating this unit in NTFS, please let me know because i ordered two of them based on your reply to my posting that yes, i can format this unit with NTFS. I cannot wait for your help. Please!

Respectfuly yours, D.B.

• Corsair Employees
Please call our Tech Support at 1-800-205-7657 when you are in front of your system and we can try and help you solve the problem. Our hours are from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM Pacific Time Monday thru Friday excluding holidays.

Archived