Corsair Community

Not to look redundant.. but I have a bad module

I have a stick of the Corsair VS512MB400 and have ran it through memtest, I actually don't remember which version, it was the latest version on the Knoppix CD. Anyways, I ran it because my system was giving me a bluescreen with a STOP 0000008E at seemingly random times, and then once it did it once it would continue to crash. My BIOS is set with USB legacy off, and the timing is auto detected. Anyhow memtest came back with somewhere on the order of 10000 errors as after it got through tests 1 and 2 everything was off by AA000000.

• Corsair Employee
Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte or High) and then leave the timings set to "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Archived