Corsair Community

Dual channel & 4 DIMMs?

leman

I have a DFI Lanparty UT NF4 SLI-D motherboard running with a matched pair of Corsair 512Mb PC3200 DIMMs (I think the specific code is TWINX1024 3200C2PT, but I'm not sure). I've been thinking of upgrading to 2Gb, but I want to be sure that I can keep my memory running in dual channel mode. So, my question is this; If I were to install a second matched pair of the same model numbers, would my system still run in dual channel mode with the 4 DIMMs?

Thanks, and I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I did search the forums before posting but I couldn't find anything relevant to my question.

• Corsair Employees
If you add to what you have now you will need to match what you have in both in part# and revision, and with 4 modules depending on the specific core of CPU you may be limited to DDR333. I would suggest finding another use for the modules you have now and just get a Twinx2048-3200C2 set of modules for best performance!

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I can't afford the price of replacing them with a 2048 kit (unless I can find someone to buy my current DIMMs) so I guess it'll be an upgrade for the future. :sigh!:

Archived