Corsair Community

Corsair XMS 2 x (2 x 1024) 3200C2Pt and Lanparty ut rdx200 cf-dr

stanman1

I have the above board and am trying to install the above memory after having 2 x 512 of CMX 3200 C2PT which worked really well. I have an antec 500w power supply and I wonder whether this is not enough as I can now only boot via safe mode (with ordinary vga driver) as soon as I try and boot normally the system either wont start or starts ( after I have disabled the graphics drivers) or it boots and then produces a blue screen with an error mesaage and then restarts itself. I have an ati x850 graphics board and was thinking of getting the crossfire card to go with it but now do not know whether I have the right settings for the memory or whether it is the power supply. The rest of the system is as follows:

Lian li case

AMD 64 x 2 4400 processor

2x 200gb maxtor sata hard drives

4 x 1024 cosair memory

Dfi lanparty m/board

pioneer 110 dvdr

nec 3500a dvdr

floppy

The bios is set to auto for the ddr settings except for the voltage which is set at 2.85

Please help as desparately ned to get going for work.

Thanks

Andy

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Archived