Corsair Community

Corsair Flash Voyager

• Corsair Employees

Please try and format your Flash Voyager with Corsair EZ-Recover Utility. Please note; this will not recover Data; it’s made to recover the FAT table for the Flash drive.

But First if you need to recover some data there are some third party utilities available that may help you if you have some data you need to recover from this site.

If you still have problems, lets get it replaced. Please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Hey RAM GUY.

I have had a similar problem with my Flash Voyager 1G that I got last Novemberish (2005). The number on the USB sleeve is 539CAT followed by a square.

It has been absolutely fantastic up until the past week. I have brought some files home and when I go to access the drive, I get a Cyclic Redundancy Error or Drive is not formatted, format it now? message box. I also have received the message "Cannot copy <filename>. Parameter is incorrect. I get this for any file that I place on my flash drive. I have multiple PCs at home and work and I get the error on all of them. I have to do the format thing to be able to put something on there and after several tries (format failed!) I will eventually get lucky and it will format.

Any suggestions? Shall I go to the RMA site too?

Thanks.

KPMorris

Thanks RAM GUY.

I did download and try the EZ-Recovery tool last night and unfortunately :[pouts: it didn't work either. I did this after posting the first message. So finally after a long time of plug in, try to format, stop, unplug, reboot, over and over :eek: , I got it to format. :confused: ??? I am at a loss there. So I reformatted the drive with the utility and put a couple of files on there. So, while at work (which is where I am now...shhhh...) I was unable to copy the files off of the drive and I am unable to put files onto the drive.

I am just letting you know of the issues that I am having. I will follow your second suggestion and go to the RMA place when I get home. I am still pleased with Corsair. I have nothing bad to say about them and it is a fantastic flash drive.:sunglasse

Thanks for the help.

KPMORRIS

RAM GUY,

Thanks. Now that is a "No Hassle" return policy. :D: I have purchased approxmately 20 - 30 memory modules from SDRAM to DDR over the past 5 years totaling around 15G of memory. I bought them from an online retailer. Never had a bad one. (I custom build systems for friends and Corsair is the memory that I always and will always use.) This is the first problem I have run into and you have provided a solution. :cool: :sunglasse

Thanks again.

KPMORRIS

Archived