Corsair Community

I have to post to get an RMA Number #2

Apparently, Corsair doesn't read emails, as I filled out the Xpress RMA form a nearly a week ago. I got an automated "we'll read this someday" response, and never heard from them again.

Anyways, I have 2x VS1GB400C3. One stick is bad, the other is good. I know this because: (to paraphrase the option I chose on the form) I am an expert, and have tested this memory using MemTest, and/or used it in a separate compatible system, and had the same problem.

Memtest goes through fine when I run it. With both sticks in my system, it seems ok at first, but after awhile it crashes, with an XP error report suggesting it is a driver problem. However, when I took out one of the sticks, the crashes stopped. Then I took the good one out, and put the bad one in it's place. First power-on, Windows wouldn't boot. The second time, it booted, but the screen looked like a Gay/Lesbian Alliance parade flag.

Problem solved. Now give me an RMA number so I can get back to the 2GB I need to play Oblivion all pretty looking. :D:

• Corsair Employees

If you replied to the email you got from TSXPress, then that may be why, you have to log back into TSXPress and post your reply not reply to the email. That is stated in TSXPress and on the email you get from TSXPress.

Please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them or it.

I didn't reply to the email. It just said Corsair would review my case, and send me an RMA#. Didn't say anything about me having to respond at all.

Anyways, I filled out the form you linked. After I hit submit, it just went back to the Corsair home page, and didn't give any indication that it was completed correctly, or recieved. Is that how it's supposed to work, or did something get screwed up?

• Corsair Employees
We have updated that utility now it's actually done from our web server, and yes that should be all you need to do. If you do not get a reply by tomorrow, please call our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0" or follow the link in my signature "If you have submitted the RMA using the on line form and have not got a reply!"

Archived