Corsair Community

Ram wont run at rated speed

haste

I have an A8N32-SLI. When trying to run my memory at 271mhz it errors out in memtest86 in test #8 and my system is not stable at all in windows. I have timings of 3-4-4-8 with 1t command rate. 2.8vdimm set in bios. i think the sticks are bad.

does anyone have the timings i should be using with an a8n32-sli. maybe there are some other settings that need to be tweaked?

any help would be appreciated.

• Corsair Employee

Command Rate is not really a memory setting and would be dependant on the make and model of MB and PSU and the specific CPU you have installed. You might look this setting up on http://www.rojakpot.com and get a better explanation.

You just have to try it, and see but if the system will not run at 1T it may not be the memory. But you can test the modules one at a time to be sure!

the system ran fine with my old g.skill hz 2gb at 255mhz at 1t with no problems at all.

memtest fails both sticks at 1t but both sticks work fine at 2t with the corsair memory.

this motherboard is on the compatibility list for this ram. it doesnt say anything about having to run at 2t on this motherboard.

is this ram actually rated for 1t at 275mhz? or is it rated at 2t?

• Corsair Employee
Please call our Tech Support at 1-800-205-7657 when you are in front of your system and we can try and help you solve the problem. Our hours are from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM Pacific Time Monday thru Friday excluding holidays.

Please call our Tech Support at 1-800-205-7657 when you are in front of your system and we can try and help you solve the problem. Our hours are from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM Pacific Time Monday thru Friday excluding holidays.

ok, i will do that when i get home from work.

thanks.

there is nowhere in the specs/website saying this ram has to be run at 2t command rate.

i expect this ram to run at 1t.

any other suggestions?

Does it say anywhere it has to be run @ 1T rate, or does it just not mention command rate at all?

well, its working now. :D:

all i had to do was switch to my other ram slots...why i didn't try this earlier i don't know. :o:

running my opty 165 at 2962mhz and the ram at 269mhz with a divider at 1t command rate!

i have a feeling this ram has some room to go...

thanks for the help guys.

Archived