Corsair Community

Bad Memory Module

Hello,

I think I have a bad memory module. I am randomly getting a BSOD after ~30 mins of idle time in Windows XP.

I have downloaded the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool, and have ran the test on several configurations (reseating, swaping slots, running each module individually), and each time the errors (WMAT and WMAT+) always failed on the same module, no matter which slot it was in.

I purchased both my memory modules at Frys and I am past my return time with them...

I believe with my troubleshooting and diagnosis, I need to return this module for a warranty swap.

Thanks,

Brandon

VS512MB400.. As far as the BIOS settings, I have all the defaults set for the CPU and Memory.. I've also ran the memtest86 now, and I'm getting errors reported with it as well on the same module. I've also talked with the IT guys at my work and they used their memory tester and showed failures too.

Thanks,

Brandon

• 5 months later...
I know its been quite a while.. but things have been busy. I put the replacement module in a few weeks after I got it and I started getting BSoD's again. I ran memtest86 and got more errors then I did the first time. I've tried other memory from my friends so I know its not a bad memory slot on the MB.. and I've even tried this stick in multiple slots... What now?

Archived