Corsair Community

A8N32-SLI with 2GB (2X1GB) Corsair TwinX DDR, PC3200

Temjin

First off, appologise if this subject has been covered numerous times however I have just put together a system using the A8N32-SLI board along with this ram:

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=156701

(2GB (2X1GB) Corsair TwinX DDR, PC3200 (400), 184 Pin, Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 2-3-3-6)

Currently I am trying to iron out a problem I am experiencing when the load of XP is extrememly long / occasionally fails to progress from the load screen at all. At the moment the board is set up with default settings for everything however would I benefit with any manual settings being entered in regards to that hardware combination?

Thanks for your help,

Pete

Thanks, I'll give those a whirl, do I edit those values in the actual BIOS or is there more friendly application that I can use?

On the point of windows however this is a fresh installation which is puzzling me, there are no other programs or apps installed...Sometimes the harddrive activity light will stop flashing and the loading screen will just remain on screen and sometimes it will manage to get into Windows. Something is obviously amiss in the system as my old XPC used to load 5 times fast than this setup which is using a 4200+ Dual Core AMD...

Thanks,

For changing the voltage I assume DDR VCORE is the value i want to modify, though I am confused when you say 2-3-3-6, which values are those in the BIOS that need to be changed? For instance you have:

CAS Latency(Tcl)

Right, I assume the value for DDR_VCORE in the BIOS controls the voltage to the memory though I am confused when you say '2-3-3-6' what values in the BIOS do those numerics represent?

For instance, if I enable manual memory timings then the options presented are things like, TCL, TRCD, TRAS, TRP, TRRD, TRC, TRFC, TRWT...etc

Archived