Corsair Community

Bad 1G module

First, I have tested this in Memtest and recieved no errors, even with 8 hrs. of testing in one session.

The problem is that while in Windows, I could be using Winamp, Firefox, one of them, or none at all, or doing something else entirely, when out of nowhere, my screen goes black, and then up pops the favored BSOD, complete with the mystifying "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". So then, it's only been doing this off and on, about twice a month, more recently once every other day. I've had this stick of RAM for a year now, and I got tired of it and just now put my 512 meg stick in, with no noticable difference in performance sides the lack of BSOD errors.

It is a value stick of RAM, the part number is VS1GB400C3, set on Auto timings, CAS delays, etc. It is the only stick installed, as is with my 512 value stick being the only one installed as well at one time. The mobo is a ASUS A8N-SLI deluxe. The processor is a AMD 64 3200+.

In regards to more information, just let me know. I would like to RMA this if possible.

Steve

• Corsair Employee

That error "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" can be cause by many things but to be sure its not the memory please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then leave the timings set to AUTO or "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Also do you have any PCI cards in your system, if so what slots do you have them in.

Archived